Sound and Practical Advice From Business Start-up Through Growth
Legum Law Is an Experienced Resource
Legum Law provides services for all aspects of a business throughout its formation and growth. As an entrepreneur who has started and operated several successful businesses, Terry Legum offers experience-based advice for addressing the many opportunities and challenges posed by a wide-range of commercial activities.
Knowledgeable attorneys work to help set-up your business
Legum Law is committed to the success and prosperity of your business. We collaborate closely with you to provide the most practical and appropriate advice given your specific business goals. By understanding your expectations and financial resources, we can best address your needs, including what corporate entity and tax structures to select and how best to limit your personal liability.
We can form your business entity for you, and we can draft the documents you need to organize, govern and operate your business, including:
- Certificates of incorporation
- Certificates of organization
- Certificates of partnership
- Operating agreements
- Shareholders agreements
Comprehensive counsel and legal guidance as your business operates and grows
After your business is formed, our firm encourages all our clients to call us for assistance with any problems or opportunities that may arise. We help our clients make decisions about legal matters involving:
- Contract law: Draft, review and negotiate all forms of contracts
- Litigation: Settle or litigate disputes
- General corporate representation – Hire Legum Law, PLC to be a Registered Agent
- Real estate: Draft and review lease and purchase agreements, litigate disputes
- Employment law: Assist with employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Business transitions: Consult on buy, sell, merger and other transactional agreements
- Regulatory and corporate policy issues: ensure compliance, obtain required licenses, litigate suits
Legum Law is experienced in handling Virginia Consumer Protection Act suits and dealing with Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) matters. Since laws that impact business can change quickly, it’s important to work with an attorney who understands the current laws in the State of Virginia and surrounding areas and can help you leverage and utilize them to your advantage, while avoiding pitfalls.