Virginia Debt Collection Attorneys Help Businesses Recover Receivables and Unpaid Obligations
Experienced lawyers handle collection cases for clients in the Fairfax area and throughout virginia
No matter what service your business provides, it's imperative that you are paid fully and in a timely manner so that you can continue to operate. Legum Law, PLC is trusted by clients in the Fairfax area and throughout Virginia to recover the money they are owed for the goods or services they provide. We have successfully represented companies of all sizes, from banks, retail businesses and corporations to accountants, doctors, landlords and real estate agents, by advising them of their legal rights and helping them to collect on the debts they are owed.
Virginia attorneys handle a wide range of collections
At Legum Law, PLC, we assist clients in collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Medical bills
- Educational student loans
- Consumer debt
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Automobile loans and replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
We are dedicated to providing sound counsel and strong advocacy no matter what types of payments you're owed. In addition to providing litigation services, our attorneys also review our clients’ current contracts and business practices to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By representing your rights today and protecting you for the long term, we are committed to reaching the most beneficial outcome possible.
Proven advocates guide clients through the collections process
When customers or clients fail to make payments for the goods or services your company has provided them, we can assist with collection actions that include these tasks:
- Receipt and review of your files — Our firm will analyze your records to determine the debt amount and type, how late the payments are, and any correspondence between your business and the debtor that has ensued.
- Demand letter — Our attorneys will send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with your debtor to set up a payment schedule that can be met and to secure their promise to pay.
- Lawsuit — If litigation is the best course of action, we will work to obtain a favorable result as quickly as possible. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our attorneys will litigate your right in court to collect the payment you're entitled to.
- Judgment — Depending on the court's judgment, we can attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can compel the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment examination and testify about their finances. We also have the ability to search for assets.
- Enforcement — If the debtor fails to appear at the examination, our attorneys can file for rules to show cause for contempt of court. We usually reach out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but this course of action is valid when all other collection attempts fail.
We understand the laws governing debt collection and will advise you on the most efficient and timely course of action to recover the payments you're entitled to.
Contact experienced Virginia debt collection attorneys for help
Call Legum Law, PLC in Fairfax today at 703-385-6700 or contact us online for help collecting the debts your business is owed.